Friday 22 June 2012

June 22 2012

Restaurant Review: Comptoir Libanais - 65 Wigmore Rd, London.

Website: www.lecomptoir.co.uk


I have a few rules when it comes to dining at restaurants.

  • Smile and greet as soon as guests walk in
  • Provide menu and ask for drink within 10 minutes. Over 10 minutes....I walk!
  • Check to see if all ok at least once into the meal
  • Check on drinks
  • Waiting for the bill after asking for it shouldn't take more than 10 minutes

Well, what can I say? Most of the above points were not met when it came to Comptoir.

It was a quick hello and seated in a hidden corner table. I start timing and at 9 minutes, only because a couple next to me had waited over 10 minutes to pay that I got attention. I asked for my two entrees and one of the Hot Specials. The waitress, in a boring (I don't really want to be here) voice said that they don't have any of the Hot Specials. Me, disappointed! I then order something else and wait.

The hummus I ordered came out first and it was amazing. I was waiting for my Fattoush salad that was also an entree. It surprisingly came  out with my Chicken Tagine main course?? Why?? Who knows! Anyway, the tagine was very nice and the fattoush had onions in it, yet the menu didn't have onions listed in the ingredients. It was extremely bland and not at all worth the money.

Overall I have it a 5/10. The food is it's saving grace! On to the next restaurant.Le Comptoir Libanais

No comments:

Post a Comment