Thursday 19 July 2012

Yum Yum Restaurant Review - July 15th 2012 @ 7:30pm

Al Ghanim, Doha, QatarP.O. Box : 24207Phone: +974 44 333 000



Well well well! Finally a restaurant with a name that says it all, Yum Yum! For those of you who have not yet been here, do yourself a favour. From the ambience, decor, simple menu, great service and high quality food, it's very difficult to fault this restaurant. Featured as part of the K108 Hotel, this top floor restaurant serves meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. In the evening, the view of the city from the top floor is simply stunning, with a lovely view of the Museum of Islamic Arts.

French Chef Hugo Coudurier has done a remarkable job. His menu changes weekly, and the selections of Starters, Mains and Desserts are small, simple, yet with options that cater for all. I have eaten at this restaurant 3 times for dinner and about the same for breakfast. Words cannot explain the quality and taste. People of Doha, this is a must dine at restaurant. I have only had exceptional meals each visit and trust me, so will you. I have even taken a few guests along with me and without fail, they were flawed.

July 15th was for a table for 3. Each of us drooled over the menu and my guests simply loved the decor, view and environment. I have attached the menu below for that week, but for this review, I ordered the Tuna Sashimi with Exotic Fruit and Sweet Soy Sauce, Basil Ravioli for my main and a Selection of sorbets for desserts. You can see from the menu that there are also meat, fish and other vegetarian options. Oh my word! The sashimi, pictured below, was immaculately presented on a plate with a fusion of flavours that deliciously integrated into an explosion of Yum! Wow! I had no other option other than to let my guests try it and bang, same result. The fruit, small jellied savoury discs filled with peppercorn and fresh sashimi were so fresh they melted in my mouth. My guests ordered Arancini and Carrot and Ginger Soup....watering mouths and silence said it all.

Next to come was the Basil Ravioli (picture below). Beautifully presented home made ravioli pasta leaves filled with puree basil. The pasta sheets were so thin they were see through. They were topped with a divine tomato and onion puree that again just melted in my mouth. I also had to share one of them with my guests who were flawed. Nicely sized portions too, but I felt I could have gone on forever. One of my guests ordered the Lamb and was speechless and equally shocked that she had never been to Yum Yum beforehand.

For dessert I had the sorbet, all freshly made. I had Apple, Raspberry and Lychee. One word, AMAZING! One of my friends had Choco Apricot. This dessert was simply presented, but had enough flavour on one plate to produce sounds of joy. It was a combination of a milk chocolate mousse base with a scoop of dark chocolate fudge like substance that was too die for....and a scoop of apricot sorbet on the side just to top it off. 3 very happy campers who ate well proportioned meals  and ended with content tummies.

So, overall, I can't help but give this restaurant a perfect 10! Congratulations Chef Hugo and the whole team at Yum Yum, including Artesia! 







No comments:

Post a Comment